Can healthy people drink OS-1?
OS-1 is an oral rehydration solution used in dietary therapy (oral rehydration therapy) for dehydration. It is not recommended that normally hydrated persons drink OS-1 on a daily basis to keep themselves hydrated.
OS-1 contains more electrolytes such as sodium and potassium than ordinary drinks. Patients with hypertension and decreased renal functions should consult with their doctors before use. (For detailed information, please check, “Can patients with diseases such as hypertension, kidney diseases, and diabetes mellitus use OS-1?”
- Dehydration associated with diarrhea, vomiting, or fever due to infectious enteritis or the common cold
- Dehydration due to inadequate oral intake in the elderly
- Dehydration due to excessive perspiration
- heatstroke associated with dehydration
- OS-1 Jelly can be used by people with trouble chewing or swallowing